Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2016 Ford Econoline van theft system light flashing fast and

Customer Question

2016 Ford Econoline van theft system light flashing fast and won't allow van to start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no the engine does not turn over it is a brand new vehicle picked up from dealer yesterday
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes it's stuck in my shop and I need to move it. I have disconnected and reconnected battery but still nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i installed a brake control and while connecting wires I accidentally touched the 12 volt hot from the factory harness to a ground and blew the 30 amp fuse for brake control power supply
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Disconnecting the batteries made it worse.

The anti-theft is triggered and the Master key needs to be used. With this being new, the seller is the one who most likely has the master key. If you have the master key, than the PATS lost the key information from the electrical surge and the whole key setup needs to be programmed.

Those computers are stupid sensitive anymore. Check the fuses to make sure there aren't any blown for the PATS and then if they are good, then the only option is to try and get the master key or program the vehicle for the keys. Must have 2 for the programming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.