Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

If it sets houers I got to use starting fluid to start it.

Customer Question

if it sets for 8 houers I got to use starting fluid to start it. but runs strong
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes new batterys
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1993 f 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have new return lines, caps, and o rings
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the return lines do not run the same way as shown on my ford cds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have to use starting fluid to start the vehicle and it runs good when this is done but it will not start on its own at all this usually indicates the fuel pump itself is weak needing replaced.I have seen the fuel pump fail/act up in the past before causing this issue here needing replaced.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all this needs done to see if the pump is the cause needing replaced for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can test the pressure just tell me how, where, and range it should be in
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can I test it at the filter housing shradder port
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What liter engine is in your model here?