Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Error 42 airbag light flashing 4, the 2 times, no...front

Customer Question

error 42 airbag light flashing 4, the 2 times
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: no...front sensor looks intact...where's the fuse?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 explorer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes...connections under seat appear ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

This code normally means the front impact sensor is internally faulty. here are the tests to perform prior to just purchasing parts.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris