Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Considering buying 2010 Ford f 250 xlt 4wd 6.4 diesel exitd

Customer Question

Considering buying 2010 Ford f 250 xlt 4wd 6.4 diesel exitd cab . Is 6.4 Diesel engine problematic?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. What size is your engine?
Customer: Well my question is is the 2010 6.4 liter deisel engine a game changer
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: F 250 xlt super duty 4wd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm considering purchase of this vehicle. Just looking for general opinion of 6.4 liter Diesel engine. Truck has 140k mileage.-
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Body is clean, interior is in good condition, reputable 3d pArty seller.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The 6.4 is a good engine. The first year had some minor issues that got worked out but the later years were rock solid if taken care of. Taken care of is the key. The 6.0 the previous engine got a horrible rap but a large majority was the owners not maintaining them and adding aftermarket stuff to get more performance. The 6.4 was only out a couple of years so it did not have a long run to get great numbers on its pros and cons. From my experience at work we see very few of them broke and the repairs are not very high.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris