Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a Ford Econoline 2006, E350 Van. When I run my A/c,

Customer Question

I have a Ford Econoline 2006, E350 Van. When I run my A/c , it stops blowing air from the vents, I can hear the air blow but not from vents, when it returns to blow air from vent, the air is warm and slowly gets cool again only to repeat the same process. If I have the rear A/C on, when the air ceases from blowing out of the front vents, the rear floor vents blow very hot air is if the heater is on full blast.
Please help!! Thanks so much!
Burning up in 110°
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Go under the hood and look for the vacuum lines that come from the firewall on the left side. Trace them and make sure that there are no breaks in that line all the way to the booster. Even check the tee in the line for where it goes to the heater valve on the firewall. The issue you have is from a break in that vacuum line under the hood or in the cab. Most of the time it is under the hood. If you find a crack, use a small piece of vacuum rubber hose to repair the line or electrical tape to wrap it. The hose repair will be the better option of the two.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I looked at the 5 lines on the passengers side under the hood. I do not see any cracks. Am I looking in the right place?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

Yes, that is the right area.

Next is to look inside, behind the dash controls for the A/C. Make sure the line isn't cracked there and that it isn't cracked going to the actuator behind the glove box.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Vehicle is extremely hot right now. Will have to wait until it cools.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

Just let me know after you can get to it.