Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

We cannot find the fuel tank switch. could you possibly tell

Customer Question

we cannot find the fuel tank switch. could you possibly tell us where to find that? thank you so much!
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: It starts well, but then sputters and dies
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: we have to continually pump the gas to make it run and the engine stalls at traffic lights and on right hand turns. the year is 1986
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well, mainly we have tried looking for the fuel switch for the fuel pump to switch from one tank to the other because we put 5 gallons of gas in today and are still having this issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: well, there is a fuel injector hose broken. Would that possibly have anything to do with it?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That fuel injector hose needs to be repaired first for it will cause this issue.

The switch is in between the tanks on the left frame rail. You will see the switch and the fuel lines going to each tanks from there.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!