Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Ok... I have had a recurring error light. (Service engine

Customer Question

Ok... I have had a recurring error light. (Service engine soon) with a (check fuel cap) Have since changed fuel cap, had a mechanic check fuel tank sensor and has changed the valve on the side of the motor(not ford part. This one is non metal) I still have the aforementioned issues and now my alarm stays open and I cannot use it. Can you help me here? I need some guidance...
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You really need to have a smoke test done of the evap system to find out where the evap leak is coming from, could be a vent hose, or a charcoal canister leak. The purge solenoid could have a leak as well. As far as the alarm, this sounds like a separate issue, I need more info on what you mean by alarm stays open?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan