Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a Ford 2001 e350, and my dashboard lights won't turn

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Ford 2001 e350, and my dashboard lights won't turn on. I've replaced the light switch, I've replaced all illumination lights, the indicator lights all function and turn on, but the illumination lights still do not work. Any ideas?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I don't have a code reader or scan tool.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to fix it myself. I've replaced the headlight/dimmer switch, replaced the bulbs, cleaned the contacts for the bulb housings and cleaned the contacts for the wire connectors that insert into the instrument cluster.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I did have the blower motor replaced, and before then they worked as far as I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you have a 12 volt test light or a volt meter? I would like to see if fuse 36 in the interior fuse panel is (1) good, (2) getting powered up when you turn the parking lights on. Let me know, thanks.