Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I had to rewire my ignition system including the pats theft

Customer Question

Hi I had to rewire my ignition system including the pats theft system. I want to reset it. I have read there is a button for this and I can not find it. Can you guide me? 2006 ford taurs
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: 125k and the battery is great almost new
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: Taurus se
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: rewired ignition system entire steering column
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have the original key. That is lost I did get a transponder key.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

If the vehicle is in theft mode from a faulty key, key replacement, faulty transceiver, or module replacement. There is not a button to press or a DIY at home programming option. 2 keys have to be programmed to the vehicle using a scan tool that is equivalent to the one used at a dealership. Some mobile locksmiths own this tool and can come to you.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris