Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My Ford escape started to loose power going uphill - ( note

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My Ford escape started to loose power going uphill - ( note been running great - been services and had new fuel pump installed 2 months ago.) RACQ picked it up saying all cillinders are not firing too well - could be a sparplug or leads issue - Garage is saying - engine might need to be replaced or overhauled - OUCH !!!
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes everything is working and engine starts no problem
JA: What year is your Escape?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cant fix it my myself unless I know what needs to be done - car is currently at the garage - they will call me back with the quote for a new engine. They say engine fails to get pressure - all around
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Well I am bracing for a 3K +++ quote
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Have they made sure the exhaust is not plugged up? This will cause a lack of power going up hills. Also is the transmission working correctly? Is it downshifting if needed to go up the hills? Have you asked the garage these questions?