Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I'm currently working on a 2004 ford with a 6.0 buddy of

Customer Question

I'm currently working on a 2004 ford with a 6.0 for a buddy of mine. He is experiencing a high get low boost issue. The truck is setting a P132B code and at an idle the vgt is cycling from 15% all the way to 85%. I'm leaning towards the veins being carboned up in the turbo but want an outside opinion before I rip the turbo off.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is a picture of the readings that I wrote down.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

This code normally points to exhaust Y pipe leaks to the turbo or the EBP sensor is reading wrong or the VGT vanes are covered in soot and carbon sticking not able to adjust correct. Your symptoms are readings point more so to a carbon buildup issue.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The veins sticking leads to a low boost situation, which causes a rich situation, which would also explain high EGTs? Correct?

The veins can stick at any position effecting air fuel ratio rich or lean as well as effecting boost pressure and EGT reading.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris