Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Truck will not shift out of park no wipers. Brake shift

Customer Question

Truck will not shift out of park no wipers. Brake shift interlock was replaced all most a year ago. Anytime we start truck it blows the number 15 fuse
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Don't know about brake lights because I don't have an extra person to watch last year when this happened I did not have brake lights. Why does it keep blowing fuses. I can do the interlock bypass
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 ford f150 sport
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes checked fuse it was burnt. Put in another fuse and it blew. Got another fuse tested it it was good installed it it blew. When I put this fuse in it sparked. Took ground off of battery checked another new fuse it was good put it in hooked up battery started truck it blew
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of truck does not have power windows
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Can you use a stick to hold the brake pedal down so you can see if the brake lights work?

What is the fuse location number that is failing?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris