Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2007 ford f150 5.4 liter 4 wheel drive. I think it

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ford f150 5.4 liter***** I think it has the 4r75e transmission. When I first put into drive in the morning it does not engage. After waiting about a minute it slips into gear and from then on works fine. The colder it is the longer it takes before it goes into gear from park to drive. After truck has warmed up problem still exists but goes into gear in about 5 seconds instead of a minute or more.
Truck has 105,000 miles on it. Under warranty I took it in for occasional hard shifting when I downshifted at about 55 mph by pressing gas pedal down further. Mechanic at ford repaired and said there were broken balls in the valve body. Could there be half of a broken ball left in transmission which is now causing this issue by blocking a valve body passageway?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Is it just forward or is reverse also delayed the same?