EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion. My AC is not working, I was told

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion. My AC is not working, I was told it was the evaporation temp sensor. I do not want to replace the sensor because it will cost $700. My car has 105,000 miles on it and there is no way I am spending that much for a repair. I want to wire in a resistor into the sensor wires as a bypass. I have found plenty of information online about how to do this to older fusion models but nothing on the new fusion 2013+ Is the HVAC wiring harness still behind the glove box like the older models??? I know how to remove the glove box. But I need the wiring diagram to find the eva. temp sensor wire colors. Or can you just tell me what are the wire colors. Thank You!
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Is your Fusion automatic or manual temp control?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
automatic

Ok. The evaporator temp sensor has 2 wires going to it. One is Grey and the other is Violet.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok. Can i find the harness behind the glove box?

It may be tricky to see through the glove box. The harness runs on top of the heater box. But that is going to be your best bet to try. Otherwise some of the instrument panel will have to be removed.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Thanks for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have further questions on this. If you do not then please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. And have a great day!