Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The gauges work short time when first started then stop

Customer Question

The gauges work for a short time when first started then stop working, engine runs fine but no electrical except for headlights.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am saying sorry for the delay as a blanket response for all others online today that passed on helping on this concern. I just go in recently and caught up and am now checking on the long waiting customers first. Do you still need help?

So the engine remains running, but the instrument cluster, wipers, windows, locks, HVAC, radio do not work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
still need help, and that is correct, the engine runs fine, but no electrical except headlights.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Having electrical issues with my 2007 f150, at startup the gauges work but after about 10 seconds I lose all electrical except headlights, engine runs fine, but I do not have electrical. I can turn key off and then restart vehicle, does the same thing. I have changed the alternator and battery and made sure that there is a full charge on the battery.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have had the alternator checked and am told it is working.