C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

The code p179a i make reset 2 times and pops back again

Customer Question

the code p179a i make reset 2 times and pops back again instantely
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: wath means hard reset in my solus snap on scanner
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: f250 diessel 2009 6.4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: order the turbo charger valv
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

You are looking at a issue with the turbocharger actuator. If the code does set as a hard fault, access the turbocharger actuator 4 wire connector. Check the Green/White wire for full battery voltage from fuse #74 20A in the Battery Junction Box. Also check the Black/Yellow wire for a good ground. Repair either circuit as needed. If the power and ground are OK, check the bus wires from the actuator to the PCM. These are: A) White/Blue wire, pin 3 of actuator, pin 34 of C1232B (58 terminal connector closest to the Right Hand fenderat Powertrain Control Module B) White wire, pin 4 of actuator, pin 47 of C1232B at PCM. Check both wires for open circuit, continuity to ground or to each other and repair as needed. If all of the actuator wires test OK, have an assistant monitor the actuator operation when cycling the key. The actuator will normally sweep one time when turning the key on. If this does not happen and all wires are OK, check for anything mechanically binding in the turbocharger. Repair as needed. If everything tests OK, replace the turbocharger actuator.

Here is the location of the actuator.