Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

The wrench light came on in 2011ford escape. Lost power.

Customer Question

The wrench light came on in 2011ford escape. Lost power. Stopped and turned engine off restarted and fine. Happened again same night. 75000miles on it
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: Haven't checked plugs. Was told air filter fine at last oil change. Computer malfunction?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No mechanical skills! Will call local ford service when they open
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Comments on web seem to say it occurs without real reason. Surely ford has gotten complaints about this before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi ,

Good morning .

This Wrench light comes ON when the management system finds a problem with in the system .

Most cases going from what you described i would say you have a problem with the electronic throttle body

Could be just a wiring issue to a bad PCM .

You need to get to a good repair shop or dealer and have the system checked for malfunction codes .

From the codes you will know what is the problem .

There is a lot of throttle body complaints on the 2011 escape and typical price for this repair is around $430us.

and typical miles id 60 - 70.000 miles when this problem happens .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.