rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Greetings again with a new question - I think this has a

Customer Question

Greetings again with a new question - I think this has a simple answer but wanted to understand my options. On the same truck 2010 F250 Super duty diesel. She running good and we've worked out the bugs on from the previous issues ( Starter Diode was bad) Now that all is working I have a problem with the low tire pressure indicator. I put 18 inch wheels on this truck ( came with 17) and the tires require 45 lbs of pressure. Looking at the door jam vin tag is says 80 for rear and 65 front. I can only assume that the truck computer has these setting hence the light is on... What are my options as I know all sensor are working per the tire shop.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Either re-programming needs to be done, or different pressure sensitive sensors installed at the valve stems.

Thanks, Ron