rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have replaced 3 coolant temperature sensor in my Ford

Customer Question

I have replaced 3 coolant temperature sensor in my Ford Expedition they only last for one month and then I have to put a new one in
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the thermostat ever been replaced?
Customer: 200000 miles I have replaced new radiator new water pump new thermostat all that when I was having the issue with the coolant temperature sensor
JA: What is the model of your '198000 Ford?
Customer: 2003 5.4 liter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm just tired of replacing the sensor it's a good running car don't burn any or anything and I keep the maintenance up on it regularly
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There's nothing else I can think of Miss Pearl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You never mentioned the problem you're having yet.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have replaced the coolant temperature sensor three times in my Ford Expedition the sensor will last one month and then they will go out I have changed new radiator new water pump and new thermostat and I still can't figure out why these sensors b only lasted 1 month after I replace them
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

You either have an electrical/wiring issue, a defective computer or it's a cheap part, NOT OEM. Original equipment from the dealer.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.