Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

0n my 2000 ford focus the air bag lite stayes on a friend

Customer Question

0n my 2000 ford focus the air bag lite stayes on a friend pluged in the computer and it thru a code the airbag control module ? l was the culpert I got another module with the same model # ***** same ser. # ***** it be re flashed ?
JA: Do you happen to have a scan tool or a code reader? Has the check engine light been flashing or staying on steady?
Customer: I do have a code reader. no there is no chech engine lite on and never ha
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: got another control module with same model and ser # ***** installed it got same ck engine lite and same code # ***** you reflash a used module or what do you suggest
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: car runs fine 103 thou no ck engine lite but air bag keeps on flashing do I have to buy new module from dealer and have them flash it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

What code number is ***** light flashing. flashing same number as before? USed module from another car you installed?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The other tech opted out, would you like my help?