Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 03 ford f 250 7.3 truck. I t cranks but will not

Customer Question

I have a 03 ford f 250 7.3 truck. I t cranks but will not start. It will start if we with a shot of brake cleaner and drive fine but will not restart if you shut it off. Disconnected ICP sensor still will not start. Replaced IPR valve still will not start. Help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

If you have a diagnostic tool, checking the engine cranking ICP pressure is needed. You need to have 500 psi from the high pressure oil pump HPOP and IPR to start. When you disconnect the ICP, the PCM uses a default reading. Since that did not help that most likely is pointing to the ICP pressure is in fact to low from a possible leak inside the valve covers or the HPOP is weak. Since it starts on brake cleaner that is a sign that the extra rpm of it trying to run is enough to get enough oil pressure for the injectors to work.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If someone put the wrong oil in it will that stop it from starting. This is one of our customers service trucks

They would of of had to add something really thick for the oil to be to blame.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris