Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have 2002 f250 with 7.3 and instrument panel just quit

Customer Question

I have 2002 f250 with 7.3 and instrument panel just quit working and pedal has no response either. Radio and Windows work fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The most common cause for this type of problem is due to a short in the Overdrive circuit causing the fuse #45 to blow and the short in most cases is caused broken wire in the Red/Yellow (RD/YE) wire feeding the Overdrive Cancel Switch (OCS) on the shiftier. You can check this by removing the steering column cover and inspect the Red/Yellow (RD/YE) wire feeding the Overdrive Cancel Switch for any signs of a broken wire causing a short to ground. If the wire to the shiftier is shorting out you usually have to replace the shiftier which comes with a new harness. Check this and let me know what you find and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No wires broken, I had taken fuse out because it blew. Replaced and gauges work but when I put truck in drive it is like throttle stays up and chokes engine down.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Have you scanned the system and if so where there any fault codes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When this problem started truck would go in reverse and do good, but when put in drive it was like it was in safe mode, no throttle response. And haven't scanned yet.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Okay , lets get a scan done and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will, thanks a lot.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.