rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Im looking loocation of my air charge temp sensor on my 99

Customer Question

hi im looking for the loocation of my air charge temp sensor on my 99 escort zx2 and cannot find it anywhere, would you have any ideas?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the thermostat ever been replaced?
Customer: 168000 and yes
JA: What is the model of your '166000 Ford?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and all ive done is look for the sensor wires along the intake system and can only find the MAF
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats all i believe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It's located right after the MAF in the air tunnel.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
im reading that my model has it built into the MAF and i have already replaced that a month ago and am still getting the code. i did see a spot in the intake where the IAT would be but i was reading the IAT has a 2 wire connector and the MAF would have a 4 unless its my model which has a 6 wire MAF connector. after being replaced why would it keep the code up?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Some were built into the MAF, but your says it's in the intake plumbing. There can also be a wiring issue or a bad computer too.

thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.