rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Have a 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 flex fuel and the problem is the

Customer Question

Have a 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 flex fuel and the problem is the coolant temperature sensor read 228 fr. from the scanner and I have replace that sensor 3 times and they all read that. What else can I check to repair this problem
Thanks Eddie
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Okay, if the temp is reading wrong from the computer, then the computer may be at fault if your certain the temp is not correct.

Thanks, Ron