rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

G'day Mate, What indications do you get when the convertor

Customer Question

G'day Mate,
What indications do you get when the convertor needs replacing in an Ford wagon LPG engine car?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There are only 2 things that can go wrong, a CAT can lose its' efficiency to pass an emissions test, and they can also become plugged from running too rich. When they become plugged, you will lose power.

Thanks, Ron