AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2008 Ford F350 Diesel Harley truck. has remote start. just

Customer Question

2008 Ford F350 Diesel Harley truck. has remote start. just bought. it was running and starting but without notice refuses to start. batteries good. get relay switch in fuse panel when turned to start but nothing else.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 55 Miles. yes
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: F350
JA: Huh?
Customer: Diese
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying to drive it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: jumped the batteries
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: disconnected to reset computer
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I an assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes? Do you need a wiring diagram of the starting circuit of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It seems to be security related. I changed out the starter relay with another one. Batteries good. get no response when turning key to start position. The dash lights up as usual.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
could there be some security system that's killing it.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

YES, is there is a security light on or flashing when trying to start the engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where would it be? the light?
I'm going to the truck for a bit and will be back. my computer is in my office.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

On the dash/instrument cluster

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

If not, I would suspect a bad starter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried beating on the starter and that didn't do any good.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

You would have to verify power at the starter just to be sure. You can use a test light or a voltmeter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked power is on the starter side of the fuse able link. I did not test the start fire wire. Does it ground the relay or power it?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

The PCM grounds the starter relay. From there, the contacts inside the relay close and send power down to the starter. Here is a wiring diagram.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did a jmpuer wire to the starter relay on the starter. I connected to ground and power and get no results. Seems the starter died. There is power down at the starter.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Good morning! If there is power going to the starter and the starter is not activating, the starter motor is bad and will need to be replaced.