rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

It runs fine then seems like it is bogging out struggling to

Customer Question

It runs fine then seems like it is bogging out struggling to get fuel it seems,but then starts and runs fine till it happens again ,when push the gas pedal it seems to bog down and won't rev up then shuts off
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It has new battery ,coil Ecm complete tune up Pvc valve fuel filter .the mechanic said everything was working properly when he hooked up to computer,said it might be ecm so I replaced that also and still shuts off and when you start back up it seems like when I push gas pedal it bogs down and wants to shut off again,then it starts up and runs fine until it happens again
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ford e 150
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have already taken it to two mechanics they have hooked it up to the computer and they say everything is working properly at them when I drive it down the road it shuts off and then I'll start back up and it seems like it ball down like you don't want to except the gas pedal want to push it down just Bob's down and wants to shut off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You need to test the fuel pressure with a gauge first. You can rent one from most parts stores.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The mechanic that hooked it to the computer said that the fuel pump was working properly he checked everything that he could possibly check and he told me that it probably something with the ECM so I bought a new ECM and it still doing the same thing I bought a new coil gave a complete tuneup a new EGR valve PCV valve clean the master flow sensor in a couple of other things
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But I will go ahead and check the fuel pump myself
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have owned it for about four years and since day one I kept throwing a P0171 code and a P0174 code meaning Banc One and bank to running lean and it is still throwing those two codes he can't figure out why and I can't figure out why
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Your mechanic should have found this issue if he was using a scan tool. Those are lean codes and he needs to address mode 6 too.
Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on. I'm here to help you.