Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My expedition has a tapping sound on the motor what can be

Customer Question

Hey my expedition has a tapping sound on the motor what can be the problem then today the vehicle ran on its own without pressing the gas pedal
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

On this engine a tapping noise is normally worn out timing chain tensioners and guides. is the noise coming from the front cover?

Can you go into more detail on "ran on its own" Are you saying the idle was to high? If so you may have a dirty throttle body and MAF sensor, or a sticking throttle cable or bad IAC valve.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris