1. Insert the key you want to program into the ignition. If your vehicle is equipped with a push-button start, hold the intelligent access key next to the steering column. Details on the correct fob placement and position is in another chapter. See General Information.
2. Switch the ignition on.
3. Access the main menu on the information display controls, and select Settings and then MyKey by pressing OK or the > button.
4. Press OK or the > button to select Create MyKey.
5. When prompted, hold the OK button until you see a message informing you to label this key as a MyKey. The key will be restricted at your vehicle's next start.
MyKey is successfully created. Make sure you label it so you can distinguish it from the admin keys.
You can also program configurable settings for the key(s). Refer to Programming/Changing Configurable Settings.
Programming/Changing Configurable Settings
Use the information display to access your configurable MyKey settings:
- Switch the ignition on using an admin key or fob.
- Access the main menu on the information display controls, and select Settings, then MyKey by pressing OK or the > button.
- Use the arrow buttons to get to a configurable feature.
- Press OK or > to make a selection.
Note: You can clear or change your MyKey settings at any time during the same key cycle as you created the MyKey. Once you have switched the engine off, however, you will need an admin key to change or clear your MyKey settings.