Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

2015f150 5ltr how to get rid of speed limiter

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Did you get a MyKey Manual with the truck when you bought it? The speed limiter is a function of the MyKey and can be raised using it. If you didnt get a manual on it let me know and I can get you one.

1. Insert the key you want to program into the ignition. If your vehicle is equipped with a push-button start, hold the intelligent access key next to the steering column. Details on the correct fob placement and position is in another chapter. See General Information.

2. Switch the ignition on.

3. Access the main menu on the information display controls, and select Settings and then MyKey by pressing OK or the > button.

4. Press OK or the > button to select Create MyKey.

5. When prompted, hold the OK button until you see a message informing you to label this key as a MyKey. The key will be restricted at your vehicle's next start.

MyKey is successfully created. Make sure you label it so you can distinguish it from the admin keys.

You can also program configurable settings for the key(s). Refer to Programming/Changing Configurable Settings.

Programming/Changing Configurable Settings

Use the information display to access your configurable MyKey settings:

1. Switch the ignition on using an admin key or fob.
  1. Access the main menu on the information display controls, and select Settings, then MyKey by pressing OK or the > button.
  1. Use the arrow buttons to get to a configurable feature.
  1. Press OK or > to make a selection.

Note: You can clear or change your MyKey settings at any time during the same key cycle as you created the MyKey. Once you have switched the engine off, however, you will need an admin key to change or clear your MyKey settings.

The speed limit is one of the options. You can raise your speed limit with that.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks