James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2010 ford taurus and my alarm is going off

Customer Question

I have a 2010 ford taurus and my alarm is going off randomly. I went to clean my car out yesterday and was trying to listen to the radio with the doors open but the car kept chiming so I was turned the key from the off to on position without starting it a few times and since then the alarm has been going off randomly when the car is parked.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Its in park. I'm not sure about the wheel lock feature.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm trying to save myself a trip to the dealership. I've tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, did you recharge the battery by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If the battery charge is low enough it will and can cause to act erratically. If it still does it when fully charged next watch for door ajar lights. If the light is coming on when a door is closed this can also cause the alarm to go off at random times.