Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have no communication with test port, pin 16 has power.(98

Customer Question

i have no communication with test port, pin 16 has power.(98 ford taurus SE 3.0 pushrod auto/trans) issue poor fuel economy.I just installed a remanufactured trans i had the engine out also.I replaced engine 2 years ago.test port worked prior to trans replacement.I have checked for bent pins on the pcm connector and checked fuses.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Does the A/C clutch work?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i hear the a/c clutch ac is working good+

And this scan tool worked before the transmission?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it works i also tryed another scan tool, same. the computer will trigger the engine light if i unplug a sensor.the gas consumption it almost seams like its in open loop

Have you checked the voltage on the data lines at the OBD connector?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i just checked for power on 16 im looking for my volt/ meter .if i switch to a phone call i need a list of the things i will need. i will check pin 16 voltage and 4 and 5 for continuity?

Theres no need for a phone call right now as far as I can see unless you would prefer phone for some reason. At this point I think you need me to be able to wait while you check things.

Check the voltage between pins 2 and 13. Put one meter lead in each of them and check the voltage shown on your meter.