Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Did some work on the truck and disconnected battery . Now, I

Customer Question

Did some work on the truck and disconnected battery for safety. Now, I am receiving codes UO131 & B1596 (and am getting the Service AdvanceTrac warning along with Check Brake System). Steering wheel is locked. Truck starts fine and key turns fine, but the steering wheel is locked to where I can only go forward and backwards.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: 2012 F150 Platinum 4x4. Car is in Park when I start it (slanted driveway)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, as the truck was running fine before I disconnected the battery.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.

What work did you do the F150 to have you disconnect the battery?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Initially, to change spark plugs (but ended up not doing this).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying my best to avoid getting this thing towed 20 miles to our local Ford shop, as the truck was fine before I disconnected the batteries. Is there anything I can do to clear those codes (would the codes cause the steering wheel to lock??)...it is strange to me that the key turns fine, it starts fine...but I can't move the steering wheel left or right. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Btw, I did make the mistake of "sparking" the battery connections. I am going to check the fuses now...will update.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
125A on the positive is blown.