camerontech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech

Having an intermittent fuel delivery issue, I believe I've

Customer Question

Having an intermittent fuel delivery issue, I believe I've ruled out the fuel pump, and the under hood fuel pump relay... Stumped on what else to look for/test
Category: Ford
Expert:  camerontech replied 4 months ago.

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

the main area i would like you to check is fuse #27 under hood fuse block.

these are know to burn up and have a voltage drop. they will still test as not blown, but when you remove it, it is overheated and burnt.

if you see this, replace the fuse and clean and tighten the terminals if you can.

If this fuse is ok, than its possible that your fuel pump driver module has an intermittent issue.
it might have stored a soft code if this module is faulty

here is the location and diagram of the fuel pump control module. it is usually close to the spare tire on the frame

if fuse 27 is not burnt , this will be the next area to hit.

check for corrosion of the unit itself and wiring

let me know how you make out!

please take a moment to rate me! and i am always available for follow ups after rating!

thanks and i appreciate postive ratings

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fuse does look a little burnt up on one side, what causes this? Had the same battery in it for about a year now and has good tight connections with no visible corrosion. Also the fuse tests ok with the little light up tester

this is caused by loose connection at the fuse itself. The dealer has a fuse relocating kit available to relocate the fuse to another slot in the box if it is beyond repair.

since it looks burnt up, this is a good sign that this is your problem.

the test light will light up normally as it is a basic test, you can only find this by visual or voltage drop.

i would clean the terminals and see if you can make them tighter with a small precision screwdriver and replace the fuse.

if this doesnt solve the issue than your module will be the likley suspect if the relay and pump itself are ok