Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Well I am wanting to fix the rear window operation on her

Customer Question

Well I am wanting to fix the rear window operation on her 2001 Ford Explorer sport trac and did not know where to start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Don't know how to determine motor or swityc or fuse?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing just doing the research
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Start by getting a multimeter or volt meter in hand and letting me know. Then I will walk you through testing to see which is the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not at the car now I was just asking the question
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not ready to do the work right now just need instructions

Well the question costs the same whether I actually help you with YOUR problem or if I give you general advice that may or may not help you. Do you want to wait and get to the bottom of your problem or just have me take a guess and give you suggestions based on what I guess to be wrong?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you could tell me the steps I would take with the multimeter. That would help me diagnose the problem.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
then and idea of what you think is wrong.

The steps are different depending on whether we are testing the switch, fuse, motor or wiring. I have no problem going through four different scenarios if its on your buck. I will submit an additional service offer for the additional three scenarios and when you accept it I will give you four seperate sets of instructions. Thanks