C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

The issue I'm having is the passenger side AC isn't working.

Customer Question

The issue I'm having is the passenger side AC isn't working. It only blows hot air while the driver side works like a charm
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: The air flow is strong. I just had my coolant and all other fluids replaced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah, hoping but if it's too much I'll take it in
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yelling, lots of that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It runs well, umm no I don't think so?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon, Please tell me the year and model of your ford?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a 2010 f150 lariat

Thank you for the fast reply. This indicates you have a faulty passenger temperature blend door actuator. This is what we do to verify that is the concern. Pull the DATC head unit forward to access the wiring connectors and disconnect. Locate the Brown/Green wire at pin 12 of the C2109B connector (this is pin 25 of the C228B connector if the vehicle is equipped with the navigation option) and connect one lead of a 9-volt battery to it. Locate the Blue/Orange wire at pin 13 of the C2109B connector (this is pin 26 of the C228B connector if the vehicle is equipped with the navigation option) and connect the other lead of the 9-volt battery to it. This should result in movement of the passenger's side Blend Door Actuator (BDA) completely in one direction (full hot or full cold). Change polarity of the battery for application of power and ground on the BN/GN wire and BU/OR wire and note that the BDA should fully cycle the opposite direction (full cold or full hot). If the BDA does not move when using the 9-volt battery, it will be necessary to access the BDA connection to test the BN/GN wire and the BU/OG wire for a potential open or shorted circuit before replacement of the BDA. If the passenger's side BDA reacts to the battery, it will support failure of the DATC. I have attached documents to assist in the repair. If you have any questions let me know, thanks. Charlie.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll let you know my progress

Sounds good. I am here to help you through anything you may need. Thanks for the reply.