Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2014 Ford a Transit Connect with 64k miles. Took it

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Ford a Transit Connect with 64k miles. Took it in last week for 60k checkup and $642 later they said everything fine! They included transmission maintence with this service. Three weeks later I have a broken flex plate and the want $1350 more! Any relation to the tranny service and broken flex plate?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately the transmission service was just a fluid and possibly filter change and didnt relate to the flex plate here.At the time it was inspected most likely the flex plate was o.k. and this can be why they said its o.k. at the time but now has cracked or failed suddenly.This can happen unfortunately and isnt related to the repairs that were done previously and just happened to fail shortly after the maintenance was done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete