Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My securilock system is activated and I cant start my

Customer Question

my securilock system is activated and I cant start my vehicle
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: the engine does not turn over. battery is less than 1yr. I removed a 30 amp fuse to for the p[ower liftgate put a new one in and now it doesnt start. all other power functions work ie seats radio windows etc
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: preferrably
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: the power liftgate doesnt work as I mentioned
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the year, make, model of the vehicle?

Have you removed the liftgate fuse to see if the vehicle starts?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The liftgate is working now. I replaced the fuse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2008 ford edge limted
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I removed the fuse the and the vehicle still does not start
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

The starter on this vehicle needs to be checked. When the PATS is activated, the engine still cranks, but the fuel pump is disengaged and not allowing the fuel.

On the starter, the small wire needs to be checked to see that there is power going to it. If you can, jump the starter and see if it will spin the engine. Most likely you will find that the starter is bad.

The PATS being engaged is a different issue. That needs the keys repgrogrammed to the vehicle if the system will not disengage the PATS. The system lost its programming and the keys need to be reporgrammed. You will need two keys to do this as well. That is the bad thing about these vehicles and they are known to just lose the program randomly like this too.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.