Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Master tech

I have a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT, 2 wd and 4 cyl. The problem I

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT, 2 wd and 4 cyl. The problem I am having is that the ABS light is on most of the time. It usually comes on as soon as I start the engine and stays on. Occasionally it does not come on until about 20 mins. of driving. It first came on about a week after I had the front brake pads replaced but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. A few months ago one of the front brake lines rusted through and leaked and after I replaced it the light went off and stayed off for about a week. I have replaced the sensor unit that is mounted to the rear differential housing but it did not have any effect. I do not ever need to add fluid so there are no leaks. A repair shop told me that it would cost $100 to do a diagnosis that would indicate where to look for the problem and then further diagnosis would be required to find the specific problem. It appears as though it could cost hundreds of dollars to get it fixed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mastertechuk replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin in my honest opinion this really is the cheapest option the $100 will tell you why the car is putting the light on .this is considerably cheaper in the long run over changing different sensors and hoping it cures the issue .

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all