Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I am tired of kicking fuel tanks, wiggling wires, and

Customer Question

I am tired of kicking fuel tanks, wiggling wires, and checking schematics, some tomes it runs it broke down and won't even start.....not sure if the high pressure pump is even working.....89 f250
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has the engine pick up been lately?
Customer: Jasper rebuild 1000 miles ago.....2011.....runs good when it runs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes......I was a military tech for 34yeats. Most of their systems are slightly different......
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1989 bad year for fuel pumps and return fuel valve.....I made sure I was getting fuel from each
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Getting fuel from each fuel tank pump.....I switched to a electric change over to a electric change over switch I got from advance auto parts...the front pump seems to work erratic.....I just replaced the pressure regulator again and the recommended fuel filter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started. Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not even crank over at all? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!