Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Loss of power while pulling a cargo trailer. No acceleration

Customer Question

loss of power while pulling a cargo trailer. No acceleration when trying to pull a grade, or even an overpass on the interstate
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: And while idling at a stop light, in gear, the truck vibrates and shakes. The engine sounds like it is laboring bad
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: F550 6.0 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Truck has 95,000 miles. The engine has 35,000 miles
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I can fix most things within reason. I'm a mechanic, but not a Certified Ford mechanic.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.

did the vehicle make any abnormal noises before you lost power?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. It was like I just ran into a head wind. But after check my weather app, I had a 12 mph tail wind.