cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to fix all makes and models

2005 Ford Expedition EB the check charging system light

Customer Question

2005 Ford Expedition EB the check charging system light comes on intermittantly at low revs and goes out at around 2000 rpm
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: battery is brand new last tuneup was 30K ago. Before i look at other electrical components could it be the belt, which is old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: brand new battery cleaned all the terminal connections
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: don't think so, I have been reading a lot of different post from ford mechanics
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 4 months ago.
Has the charging system been checked as this can be an internal issue in the alternator or yes a loose belt can very well cause this issue .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Tom, getting the charging system checked, have not done so yet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Tom, had the charging system checked at idle with the check systems light on and there was no voltage coming from the alternator. I wanted to check it at 2000 rpm but the system check would not progress once there was no voltage at idle. I am going to try replacing the belt first since it is old and then go from there if that does not produce any results.