Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Just bought 2008 f150; occasionally coming to stop at lights

Customer Question

Just bought 2008 f150; occasionally coming to stop at lights or in reverse engine rpm drops and shakes. It happens more often after driving for 7 Kms; putting it in N bringing the rpm high fixes the shaking issue for a short while
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 176k 110miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hoping to fix this myself but I like to know what causes this issue
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No; very solid truck no other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Next time this occurs in D or R and its shaking, running at low rpm, stopped in gear. Let out on the brake pedal. If the truck is trying to pull forward or rearward more so than normal. Then you have a transmission issue with the torque converter clutch, fluid level or line pressure. If the transmission is not doing this then just cleaning up some systems will help. If new plugs, air filter, fuel injector cleaner or fuel filter are needed, then address those. Remove the air intake so you can access the MAF sensor and the throttle body. Use brake cleaner to spray and clean both and scrub clean the throttle body while open with and tooth brush and cleaner.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris