Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

It appears that the low pressure cutout switch isn't working

Customer Question

It appears that the low pressure cutout switch isn't working but I can't find it to replace it.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is your engine?
Customer: 105,000 3.0 litre. 2006 Fusion SEL
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: 2006 Fusion SEL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The clutch was not engaging. Checked pressures by jumping relay. Pressures good. Checked resistance on the eval temp out sensor, checked out ok. If I activate the clutch with the relay out and bring the low side pressures down to normal, I can plug in the relay and the system will continue to run. In the morning when the car has sat over night, it will not activate the clutch.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Im just looking for the low pressure cutout switch location.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This system uses a pressure transducer which provides both low and high pressure signals to the PCM. It is located right at the evaporator liquid line at the firewall.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z