Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have 2006 f 350 with a 6,0l my tow light falshing code

Customer Question

I have 2006 f 350 with a 6,0l my tow light falshing code p0766 and p2703 shift 1 2 3 and no 4 r 5 if I go slow on take off it fare up in 2 to 3 when shift if u take off normal it don't fare up shit find fluid in the pan clean
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Solind d clean battery cable check wiring harms as
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: No wiring diagram 175100 miles
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No I was reading a little about this and the code I have say that it could be a crank sensor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 months ago.

Hello, whenever you have a shift solenoid issue or problem with any electronic part inside the trans which requires replacement. Ford recommends also replacing the internal wiring harness on this model trans. I have tried before of changing just a solenoid and still had to go back in and replace the harness to resolve an issue. Did you see any metal in the pan or fluid seem badly burnt?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 months ago.

Does it set the same code after replacing the solenoid? Are you sure you replaced the correct one?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 months ago.