HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

How to clear the codes and retest to return my power

Customer Question

How to clear the codes and retest to return my power steering to its normal performance
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: It turns, but the manual says it has a motor, not hydraulic
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2011 Furd Fusion-The car starts, was driving beautifully. Went to start the car 3 minutes after parking and now the power steering service now, advance track, and traction lights are on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The hope is that u tells me to push a few buttons and we can go our seperate ways
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No. Just got the car 2 saturdays ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, unfortunatley on this EPAS electronic power steering assist system. The steering rack will need to be replaced. It is ost likely setting codes for the rack module failure. The module is part of the rack. The steering rack would need to be replaced and them module reprogrammed by a dealer and a wheel alignment performed. No work around on this type of system. When the module fails, it drops off the communication network and causes the other warning lights to come on

Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern? The question remains open until it is rated.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.