Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

94 ford ranger 3.0 automatic.sometimes you back out,put it

Customer Question

94 ford ranger 3.0 automatic.sometimes you back out,put it in drive,and have to rev a little to go.no fluid on ground but have to add fluid every once in awhile
JA: How many miles are on the car? When was your last oil change?
Customer: 116,000 always serviced,from day 1
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it only will do it sometimes,and always first time you drive for the day (when it does it) after that your good. dont drive alot this truck is really been kept up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: dont know
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Sounds to me like a bad vacuum modulator. Theres lots of videos and walkthroughs on the web showing you how to change it... a google search will find you one. That will be easier than the instructions I can provide from the factory service manuals.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks