HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I installed a used 6 disc MP3 radio in my 2005 Sport trac.

Customer Question

I installed a used 6 disc MP3 radio in my 2005 Sport trac. The unit has power but I'm getting error code 9A6F and no sound
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 99,000
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I installed a used 6 disc MP3 radio in my 2005 Sport trac. The unit has power but I'm getting error code 9A6F and no sound
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: unlugginga nd replugging. holding preset 2 and 5
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: It has an amp.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, the reason why you are getting error codes is due to the fact the radio is a computer module as well. It must be programmed to the VIN number of the vehicle. The stereos in these newer model vehicles are not plug and play. A dealer style scan tool is required to install the radio to the vehicle for it to operate

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The local service department at the local Ford dealership said that the radio didn't need to be programmed. As it turns out the problem might be with the radio and I didn't want to give a bad review.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Ok, no problem, most 2005 models are usually a programmable radio ACM module

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please credit my account for all that i have paid for the advise I received was incorrect.