EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

My door lock switch will not open the doors on my 2004 Ford

Customer Question

My door lock switch will not open the doors on my 2004 Ford Sportrac. I can lock the doors with the door switch and they work with the remote. Also my interior lights do not work. Any help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. What is common on the explorer and what both of your concerns have in common, is the wiring in the drivers door to body harness. A broken wire or wires will cause this. Do the interior lights work from other doors than the drivers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
however only the rear interior light works.

Ok. You are going to want to check that harness for broken wires. Or at least remove the door panel and access the lock/unlock switch to check for power with a test light. That could indicate broken wires.

Hi. Have you checked the wiring and or removed the door panel yet? Let me know if you have more questions and also please rate my assistance. Thank you.