Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 03 taurus stalls with little warning. At first it was

Customer Question

My 03 taurus stalls with little warning. At first it was only after it had warmed up for 1/2 hour or more, tach flutters, check engine light on and off, sometimes a bit of a clicking sound then it quits. Took it in to the shop after someone advised it might be IAC. They couldnt get it to stall at all so said they couldnt test on the scope. They replaced IAC and it began running at a very high rpm so they cleaned the old one and put it back in.
Ran better for a while then the problem started up again. Over time it is worse...at first was only when rolling up to a stop sign or in very slow traffic; lately has quit several times just driving down the road.still only when warm
Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!