Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have changed the coil-packs, spark plugs, wires, egr

Customer Question

I have changed the coil-packs, spark plugs, wires, egr value, & sensor. I have checked everything with an ohm meter & everything checks out according to the manual. I've changed the coil-packs, the #2 wire & injectors around but still not getting amy spark to #2. Now my truck has no power on acceleration & I have to hold the pedal to the floor. It was running good after changing these parts but just started having problems with the rough idle & the acceleration. What else can I do. The only code coming up is a misfire in #2.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!